Thursday, September 24, 2009

Make Mine Pink Friday - Timeless Textiles

This week's theme at Make Mine Pink Friday is all about textiles..........old or new, pristine or weathered. I love textiles and have a quilt collection of my own. There's something about pretty antique pillowcases with hand-embroidery that always draws my attention.

As the years pass, they grow more beautiful by adding the threads of history to their own. The original colors might fade, but these timeless textiles stay bright with the memory of the hands that created and cared for them. The stories they know are never truly forgotten when we make room for them in our lives and in our homes.

I hope you will join my dear friends at Make Mine Pink for this special event - Friday, September 25th. Just click here.

til next time.....
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment