Monday, August 3, 2009

Show and Tell Monday - August 3

Good Monday Morning!

It's a gorgeous day here in Michigan with temps in the 70's and beautiful sunshine everywhere. We have been so blessed this Summer with milder than usual temps and I just love it.
Today I thought I would share with you a very special day I spent last week with my BFF, Debbie. She treated me to a very special garden tea luncheon in celebration of my birthday. Would you like to see a few pics?

This is the Heavenly Scent Herb Farm in Fenton, Michigan. This is a spectacular place started about 20 years ago. They have beautiful walks through gardens, a gazebo for parties, fountains, a greenhouse with their own grown plants and................inside is a retail store that is a feast for the senses! I love walking through - their displays are always gorgeous. For obvious reasons, I was prohibited from taking interior pics. Ah well - you'll have to use your imagination.




Here are pics of my BFF, Debbie on the left..........and me on the right.




What a beautiful entrance! And the gardens are spectacular! I couldn't post them all, so here are just a few.

Luncheon was a very lovely event held under the gazebo. We started with scones (blueberry and orange/poppy seed) served with fresh-made lemon curd and devonshire cream - along with delicious Ginger Peach iced tea.

The next course was a lovely Chicken Pesto Salad on croissant with a side of apple/cucumber slaw and fresh fruit. I don't care for cucumbers, but this slaw was soooo declicious. It had a hint of cinnamon too.

Then for dessert was a lovely wine glass with a delightful and delicious chocolate mousse/strawberry trifle. Yum!



After filling our tummies, we learned a bit about the language of flowers and their meanings. Our final enjoyment of the day was making a fresh tussie mussie. Here are before and after pics!

What a wonderful day we had. I am so blessed to have my BFF, Debbie, in my life.
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.
til next time............
Carol

10 comments:

  1. Carol
    Oh my goodness, what a wonderful day you and your BFF had. That place is absolutely gorgeous and the luncheon sounded so yummy my mouth was watering. Glad you had a wonderful time. Love the tussie mussie too!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing place that appears to be. Looks like that herb farm has it all figured out to ensure people enjoy an extraordinary experience with them. Just the pictures are relaxing. Your BFF was so sweet to plan this for you on your special day, you deserve it!
    Pat
    Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carol... I want your birthday and best friend!!! It sounds like a perfect day - I'm pea green with envy! But it couldn't have happened to a nicer person... Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing. Hugs, Tedi www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,
    How Beautiful! What a delightful, relaxing, fun day! I am going to have to put that on my to do list. Thanks for Sharing.
    Huggs, Nancy
    www.coeurdalenegifts.com
    coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful place! I would love to visit there sometime.

    Lynn
    www.tresbelleboutique.net
    tresbelleboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Carol, what a lovely birthday celebration day with your bff. Absolutely nothing was overlooked. I would love that place too.
    Susie, The Polka Dot Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol,

    What a lovely birthday and an amazing place. So beautiful! Nothing is better than spending time with friends. Have a lovely week!
    hugs,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carol!!! How much fun that had to be!!! I am with Tedi -- I want your BFF and your birthday, hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful birthday gift Carol, a day to remember plus the food is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooookkkkk.... can we just say TOTALLY JEALOUS!!! Carol that place is soooo gorgeous!! OMG! I would love to visit there. That's my favorite kind of garden style and what a fabulous lunch!
    My kinda birthday celebration!
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete